- We recently hired four new researchers, including two new Friendly AI researchers. We announced this to our local supporters at the recent MIRI Expansion Party.
- We’ve scheduled our next research workshop for May 2014.
- Three new posts on naturalized induction: Bridge Collapse, Solomonoff Cartesianism, and The Problem with AIXI.
- New analyses: The world’s distribution of computation and Is my view contrarian?
- Many new expert interviews: Anders Sandberg on space colonization, Nik Weaver on paradoxes of rational agency, John Baez on research tactics, Bob Constable on correct-by-construction programming, Armando Tacchella on safety in future AI systems, David Cook on VV&A, John Ridgway on safety-critical systems, Toby Walsh on computational social choice, and Randall Larsen & Lynne Kidder on USA bio-response.
- Video of the inaugural lectures of the Center for the Study of Existential Risk at Cambridge University.
As always, please don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or comments.