- We are actively hiring for three positions: math researcher, science writer, and executive assistant. Compensation is competitive and visa are possible.
- We’re also accepting applications on a rolling basis for future MIRI research workshops. Please apply if you’re a curious academic looking for exposure to our material. If you’re accepted, we’ll contact you about potential workshops over time, as we schedule them.
- We published our 2013 in Review: Fundraising post.
- Louie was interviewed at io9 about the unsuitability of Asimov’s Three Laws of Robotics for machine ethics.
- Luke was interviewed at The Information about MIRI’s research. Unfortunately, the interviewer’s editing introduced several errors: see here.
- April 11th is your last chance to vote for Nick Bostrom and others in Prospect‘s World Thinkers 2014 poll.
- Oxford University is hosting an effective altruism conference in July. Speakers include Nick Bostrom and Derek Parfit. Register here.
- Registration is also open for Effective Altruism Summit 2014, in August in the Bay Area.
- Our frequent collaborators at the Future of Humanity Institute are currently hiring a research fellow in philosophy, for a focus on population ethics.
As always, please don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or comments.